M.I.R.A.C.L.E.’s one-stop shopping and service experiences address an unspoken concern among parents, families, medical professionals, educators, peers and community members, that is “What is the most effective and least traumatizing method to explain and introduce a real life medical illness, condition or circumstance to a child?”
M.I.R.A.C.L.E. recognizes not only the child dealing with his/her medical related illness, condition or circumstance; we acknowledge the parents, families, medical professionals, educators, peers and community members that are associated with these children. We give a voice along with providing resources to everyone that surround a child dealing with a physical or emotional challenge; resources that will encourage and build self-esteem within children dealing with medical illnesses, conditions and circumstances. Resources that will strengthen the family and community as a whole and bring unity by implementing what we call the 4-E’s:
- Empower parents to feel confident when talking with their child about real life medical illnesses, conditions or circumstances;
- Educate family members and assist them in overcoming their feelings of anger, rebellion, rejection and resentment; and encouraging them to become team-player’s;
- Encourage peers and community members to promote acceptance within classrooms and other community environments; and stop the harassment and bullying;
- Encourage the medically challenged child to Embrace his/her own condition with pride, dignity and understanding.
M.I.R.A.C.L.E. recognizes that our children of today are our future, parents, doctors, lawyers, educators, political leaders, and etc. It is imperative to reach and connect with our children by targeting another area within our society that has affected the self-esteem and lively-hood of our youth. We must do all that we can to:
- Stop the Bullying by educating our youth and encouraging them to become helpers to one another by promoting acceptance within classrooms and other community environments.
M.I.R.A.C.L.E. is designed to make a world-wide impact in our today’s youth and future leaders.